Paw Paws Granola
What can I say, my father is incredible! He can build an airplane (yes, a real one), develop his own photographs, weld a garden trellis, carve a rolling pin and most recently he made me a s'mores spatula for my outdoor fire place. Hats off to this jack of all trades...except in the kitchen. He'll admit that his kitchen skills include making a bowl of cereal and making sandwiches. That's it.
In recent years he has also learned to make a great kale salad, and now he's venturing into granola. It's delicious and you must try it. Happy father's day to the best father, grandfather and granola making buddy!
Paw Paws Granola
Servings: 5 cups granola
2 cups rolled oats
2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350° F
1. In large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds and salt.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, and pour over the almonds and oats. Stir until the almonds and oats are well coated.
3. Evenly spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and stir well. Stir in the cranberries and evenly spread the mixture on the baking sheet.
5. Return to the oven and bake until deep golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.
Do Ahead: Granola can be made 3 weeks ahead. Completely cool and store in an airtight container.