Plum Easy Cake
It’s no surprise that I enjoy a little something sweet at the end of a meal. So, let me introduce my single layer cake with a moist interior and a crunchy exterior. This dessert is adaptable with seasonal berries or stone fruit for added color and flavor. If you prefer to skip the fruit, simply bake the batter with a generous sprinkle of sugar on top.
Parchment is a lifesaver and allows me to use a basic 9-inch round cake pan. If you don’t have almond flour or oat flour on hand, here’s a quick tip. Pulse whole or sliced almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, being careful not to blend into a butter. Oat flour can be made in a similar way. Just blend whole oats in a blender until blended into a powder. Measure the appropriate amount of almond flour and oat flour and you’ll be ready to go. Serve this easy, elegant cake with this a drizzle of honey, a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream to make any weeknight feel special. You’ll see why this easy dessert is hard to resist. Be sure to share your tasty creations with me on Instagram @y_delicacies. I'd love to see your version!
1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar, plus 2 Tablespoons for topping
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons ground white chia seeds
1 ¼ cup oat flour
½ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup sour cream
1-2 plums, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round pan with parchment. Butter the parchment and sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs and beat until mixture is pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
3. Add chia seeds and beat until well combined.
4. Add oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt and beat until well combined. Add sour cream and beat until combined.
5. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Smooth batter and arrange fruit on top.
6. Bake in preheated oven until fruit is soft and cake is light brown, 55-60 minutes.
Do Ahead: Cake can be baked 3 days ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.